9/9/14

Direct Support Professional's Week - Meet Amanda Vargas!

Amanda Vargas is an Autism Specialist in our Family Support Services program.  She has been a Direct Support Professional at Marrakech for two years. While some of you out there may know Amanda pretty well, we asked her to tell us six more things that we may not know about her...here is what she told us!
  1. I have a tea cup Chihuahua. He is a boy and is 6 years old. His fur is white with brown spots!
  2. The last book I read was The Purpose Driven Life (by Rick Warren). I am currently still reading it – its great book!
  3. I love how big Marrakech is and that there is always room to expand and learn (ongoing training). Before I became an autism specialist, I was a program counselor floater and I got to work in so many great programs; I got to meet a lot of great people and learn so many new things. I am very grateful and love what I do.
  4. The most exciting place I traveled was to be Puerto Rico. It is always a good time to go and see all the history and where my family is from. Also, Disney in Florida…who doesn't love Disney?!
  5. I can't wait for 10 years from now to see where I will be in my career and marriage and also to see where my younger brothers are, one of whom is diagnosed with Down Syndrome. I can't wait to see all of their accomplishments.
  6. I have to say that my best childhood memory is going on vacations with my family and running around playing tag outside with no care in the world…and all the good foods the family would make when we all got together. Those times were great!!
Thanks, Amanda, for all you do at Marrakech!


No comments:

Post a Comment