9/30/14

Meet our new Chief Compliance Officer - Denise Canady!

Marrakech is proud to announce the appointment of Denise Canady to the position of Chief Compliance Officer.  Denise began her career here at Marrakech 18 years ago as a part-time program counselor.  Her new responsibilities include oversight of agency-wide Program Support Services including quality of life activities, building and vehicle maintenance, scheduling, overtime control, health and safety, developmental and behavioral services, nursing and other special services, licensing inspection preparation, and capital development.

Denise chairs Marrakech's Safety Committee and participates on several others in the organization. She is also the secretary/treasurer of the Elephant in the Room Boxing Club, a non-profit gym that encourages sportsmanship, health, and wellness for area youth.

Because Denise has been at Marrakech for nearly 20 years, many of us think we know her pretty well.  But, here are six things you may not know about Denise Canady.

  1. I have 10 sisters and 9 brothers. I am the 5th oldest girl.
  2. My best childhood memory is of me playing games outside with the neighborhood kids. We played kick ball, double dutch, red light/green light, hide and seek, and a host of other games. I can still double dutch jump rope!
  3. My first car was a Hyundai. When I went car shopping I saw a red Hyundai and a tan Hyundai in the lot. The red Hyundai had a price tag in the window for $750.00 and the tan Hyundai did not have a price tag on it. The salesmen sold me the tan Hyundai for $750.00. The next day I got a knock on my door from the general manager saying that they made a mistake and that the tan Hyundai was worth a lot more. He asked if I would take the red Hyundai instead. Of course I said no and kept the tan Hyundai. Their loss…
  4. Recently, I spent 10 days in Dubai. Dubai is very beautiful and rich with culture. It's also one of the wealthiest counties in the world. I was surprised to learn that the US dollar was worth a lot there. Our 1 US dollar was equivalent to $3.50 Dubai dollars. Needless to say our money went far. 
  5. Although I will be only 43 this November, I am looking forward to my retirement. I have been working since I was 14 years old so I've already put almost 30 years into the workforce. I can't wait until I can relax and travel the world.
  6. There are so many things that I love about working at Marrakech. I love that there is an opportunity for growth here. I love that we make positive impacts on the lives of the people we serve. I love that there are many employees that have worked at Marrakech for double digit years. I love that our President & CEO worked her way up the ranks and is now running the organization. 
Congratulations, Denise!


No comments:

Post a Comment