Mia Smokes-Boyd has been employed with Marrakech since 2012 and our Bridgeport Academy for Human Service Training (AHST) Program Specialist since 2013. Mia has been recognized by her supervisors as someone who is caring, compassionate and who always follows through on student needs. Mia embodies the traits that are consistent with excellent customer service and the mission and vision of Marrakech.
Here are six things you may not have known about Mia:
What is a life
milestone you can’t wait for?
I am looking forward to retirement. I just want to sit back
and relax and look back like, what a life I have lived.
What time period in history would you most like to visit and why?
I would go visit the 1920’s. I would have made an awesome
flapper.
What do you love
about your job here at Marrakech?
I love to see the face of excitement once anyone achieves
their goals whether it’s a consumer or staff. The look and feel of
accomplishment is heartwarming.
What was your first car?
My first car was a 96’ Honda Civic.
What's one thing you still have on
your "Bucket List"? Something on my bucket list is to ride an elephant. Given the opportunity, I will probably chicken out.
What is one food you
could not live without?
I love sweet corn. It’s always on my grocery list.
Thanks to Mia, and all of our Direct Support Professionals, for making our work here at Marrakech possible!

No comments:
Post a Comment